The distinguishing features of our polymer spring and damping systems are their compact fitting dimensions and their unrivaled damping and energy absorption properties. Our products are maintenance-free and offer excellent resistance to extreme climatic conditions. The performance of DUREL springs has been proven at ambient temperatures between -76°F and 122°F (-60°C and +50°C)* and due to their longevity under the most extreme conditions, they are in use worldwide. (*in appropriate material selection). – Talk to us about your ideas and business goals.
Plus, DUREL springs provide for great traveling comfort and safe transportation.
Moreover, our manufacturing processes allow for a highly flexible production. This flexibility enables us to provide large quantities for mass production as well as smaller quantities for prototype construction or for short-term repairs.
For traceability, all of our spring components include a specific DUREL tracking code.
Your Advantage at a Glance
- Under quasistatic conditions the damping of over 50 % in the third stroke even exceeds the relevant EN norms
- Unrivaled energy absorption despite reduced weight and compact volume
- Exceeds the performance of traditional metal, rubber and/or hydraulic-based springs in terms of life span, reliability and durability
- Outstanding dimensional stability and consistent spring quality for many years to come
- Compliant with EN and UIC regulations
- Progressive spring curve
- Maintenance-free over the entire lifetime of the rail car and thus affordable
- Excellent creep resistance and flexural fatigue endurance
- No stick-slip effect or noise emissions
- Excellent resistance to chemicals, grease, oils and solvents prevents material degradation and the loss of material properties
- Broad operating temperature range from -76°F to 122°F (-60°C to +50°C)* to ensure the performance of the products under extreme climate conditions (*with appropriate material selection – we will be happy to advise you).
- Fully recyclable
- Small quantities available
- Short delivery times, uncompromising on-time delivery
- Quality made in Germany