DUREL polymer spring systems—simply superior
Our patented manufacturing process is proprietary to DUREL in Europe and exceeds conventional techniques by far. Our springs are made of leading high-performance polymers, which are modified to obtain the particular characteristics of our products.
The distinguishing features of our polymer spring and damping systems are their compact fitting dimensions and their unrivaled damping and energy absorption properties. Our products are maintenance-free and offer excellent resistance to extreme climatic conditions. The performance of DUREL springs has been proven at temperatures between -76°F and 122°F (-60°C and +50°C)* and due to their longevity under the most extreme conditions, they are in use worldwide. (*in appropriate material selection – Talk to us about your ideas and business goals.)
Plus, DUREL springs provide for great traveling comfort and safe transportation.
Moreover, our manufacturing processes allow for a highly flexible production. This flexibility enables us to provide large quantities for mass production as well as smaller quantities for prototype construction or for short-term repairs.
For traceability, all of our spring components include a specific DUREL tracking code. Additional tracking codes are available upon request.
Your Advantage at a Glance:
- Under quasistatic conditions the damping of over 50 % in the third stroke even exceeds the relevant EN norms
- Unrivaled energy absorption despite reduced weight and compact volume
- Exceeds the performance of traditional metal, rubber and/or hydraulic-based springs in terms of life span, reliability and durability
- Outstanding dimensional stability and consistent spring quality for many years to come
- Compliant with EN and UIC regulations
- Progressive spring curve
- Maintenance-free over the entire lifetime of the rail car and thus affordable
- Excellent creep resistance and flexural fatigue endurance
- No stick-slip effect or noise emissions
- Excellent resistance to chemicals, grease, oils and solvents prevents material degradation and the loss of material properties
- Broad operating temperature range from -76°F to 122°F (-60°C to +50°C)* to ensure the performance of the products under extreme climate conditions (*with appropriate material selection – we will be happy to advise you).
- Fully recyclable
- Small quantities available
- Short delivery times, uncompromising on-time delivery
- Quality made in Germany